If you have recently lost a close family member in a serious accident caused by someone else’s negligence, even considering legal action likely generates complex emotions. You might have a vague notion of wanting justice, to hold the negligent party responsible for his or her actions. But you might also worry about the effects of a lawsuit on yourself and your family as you try to put the pieces back together following a sudden loss. 

The first step might be the hardest, but as an experienced Montana personal injury lawyer, I can help you identify your family’s legal options. Few cases require the one-on-one attention and understanding of a client’s needs like wrongful death cases, which is why I devote my time and energy to my clients beginning the moment they meet with me for their initial consultation. I understand the need to balance assertive and efficient legal advice with sympathy for families who might not always be prepared to revisit the death of a loved one. I help my clients use the legal system to gain at least a little closure so they can move on with their lives. 

Yellowstone County Fatal Accident Attorney | Experienced Representation For Clients Throughout Montana

Montana has a three-year statute of limitations for filing wrongful death claims; this means that a family has three years from the time of an accident to bring a claim against the negligent party. While this might seem like a long time, it is still important to seek experienced legal help as quickly as possible, allowing for time to begin collecting important evidence and preparing a case.

Wrongful death actions are meant to compensate families for the pain and suffering of the deceased. In some cases, a family can also collect lost wages that the deceased would have contributed to its finances. We will discuss every aspect of your potential claim when you meet with me. 

Don’t Hesitate To Get More Information. Contact My Firm Today.

Contact me, Billings wrongful death attorney Gregory Paul Johnson, to learn whether your family might succeed in bringing a claim against a negligent party. I offer a free one-hour initial consultation, and you will be under no obligation to hire me to represent you. Call my Billings office at (406) 656-4555, or send me an email.